Sunday, February 7, 2010

28 days later

I did not forget to post yesterday, just wasn't in the mood to write. If I did, it would have been a whole lot of bitching and venting. You see I hurt my back at work on Thursday, didn't feel any better on Friday, by the time I got home from work, I pretty much thought I was going to die. Saturday was worse than Friday. I was not able to do anything that requred lifting my left arm, bending down or basically moving. Needless to say I was not in a good mood, and did not feel like taking it out on the few readerst that I have.
Today I'm still in pain, but much less than yesterday, which is great!
Had an interesting night last night. My little cousin Teresamarie got engaged to her boyfriend Tony! I couldn't be happier for them, they make a great pair.
Anyone who knows me, knows I'm not a huge fan of marriage, and don't really like weddings, but this month with first one of my best friends getting engaged and now my cousin, I am actaully excited for them.
Why am I not a big fan of marriage? Well putting aside my horriable first marriage, I feel that marriage should be an equal right. I do not like the "Crazy Christian" right stating that marriage is only between a man and a woman. I feel that any 2 people who love eachother and want to spend their lives together should have the right to get married, if that is what they want. Along with the benefits that go along with it, tax breaks, spousal rights, etc. It is not up to us to say what is right and wrong, and do not bring God into the mix. I can go on about the fear and the bigotry that goes along with being a christian, they do go hand in hand. But I'm not going to do that today. I will just say that I don't want to get married again until marrige is seen as an equal right. It's my small way of taking a stand.
On that note, congratulations Teresamarie and Tony! Live Long and Prosper.

No comments:

Post a Comment