Monday, February 1, 2010

Twenty Two

I want to start this week off by tell you that Mike has now not smoked in 1 week! I am so happy that he is doing this with me!
I made it through three weeks now, and every day I feel more and more normal. I am still snippy every so often, but less than last week.
Anyway, another Monday another week back to work. I had an amazing weekend, Friday with friends, and helping my friend Gina with all of the wedding planning, so exciting! Saturday my niece Angelina's birthday and with family and yesterday I got to hang out with the kids, and then with Mike later.
He says that I am more arguementitave and preachy lately, I have to agree, but don't think that it's because of the smoking.
I have kept my mouth shut on topics like politics and religion, espically around people who do not share the same beliefs as I do, like my family and friends. I have stopped doing that. I feel more confident in my beliefs than I ever have before. I do not expect everyone or anyone for that matter to agree with me, just respect that this is my opinion, as I respect yours. Some people think that the only opinion that is correct is their own and if you don't agree you are wrong. That's not the way the world works. I have spent way too long holding back, but not anymore.
On that note, tomorrow is election day! I know that many people don't vote in the primarys, but I think it's just as important, maybe even more so, than the general election. This is the time when you get to decide who represents you and your party. I am and always have declared myself a Democrat, I have a general idea who I am voting for in the bigger races, but have to so a little more reseach on the smaller ones. I have voted in every election since I turned 18, and always look forward to casting my vote.

No comments:

Post a Comment